Wanna see what you get when combine the Cervélo P4 and S3? Cervélo reveals the new S5 that will debut at the Tour de France.
Phil White touts five key features that drive the performance of the new S5:
1. Dropped Downtube – Smoothes the airflow from the fork to the downtube.
2. Built for Bottles – The downtube helps shield the bottle from the airflow.
3. Extended Cutout – The rear wheel is completely faired into the frame like a time-trial bike.
4. Shielding Stays – The rear brake is shielded behind the seatstays.
5. BBright – Stiffer pedaling platform.
Pricing is as follows:
Dura-Ace Di2: $9000
SRAM Red: $7500
The S5 is available on July 1, 2011. If you’d like more information or want to purchase one, just get in touch with me. Contact Me
Sadly, I don’t have the proper industry connections to get my hands on an S5 to test for myself, but I do have a pair of Oakley Jawbones in the Garmin-Cervélo colors.